Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ruben Bolling, Tom the dancing bug, the agonies of Vincent and the twits and now for Quentin Tarantino

On a lighter note, I hear facebook and the twits are alive with tweets about Ruben Bolling. The tweeters just love their ironic, post-modernist, post-referentialist discourse.

If you haven't yet caught up with Tom the dancing bug, by Ruben Bolling, you can find worse ways to waste a nano second of your precious intertubes time. Here's his take on Vincent in the land of twits and facebook:





Here's the Wiki on Bolling.

Tom the dancing bug also has his own Wiki here, while you can catch the strip at UComics or via Salon, though that might involve registration.

Just in time for Quentin Tarantino's inglorious war movie, Bolling's latest offering includes this bit of movie folklore.




But he really should have included Private Number Six, who gets shot by the end of the first act while on patrol, as celebrated in Galaxy Quest:

Guy Fleegman: [whimpering] I changed my mind. I wanna go back.
Sir Alexander Dane: After all the fuss you made about getting left behind?
Guy Fleegman: Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship and something is up there and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the guy that gets killed by some monster five minutes after we land on the planet.
Jason Nesmith: You're not going to die on the planet, Guy.
Guy Fleegman: I'm not? Then what's my last name?
Jason Nesmith: It's, uh, uh--I don't know.
Guy Fleegman: Nobody knows. You know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.
Gwen DeMarco: Guy, you have a last name.
Guy Fleegman: [hysterical]: Do I?! Do I?! For all you know, I'm "Crewman Number Six"! [puts his head on Gwen's shoulder and cries] Mommy! Mommy!
Sir Alexander Dane: [gratingly sarcastic] Are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments older than two days are moderated and there will be a delay in publishing them.